Project manager by day, self- and friend-appointed social director by night… I find that I spend most of my time planning.
At work, I plan projects, meetings, conferences, launches, and tough conversations. At home, I plan social gatherings, dinners, weekend getaways, and book club meetings.
While it is sometimes overwhelming, I love the thrill of making a plan and seeing it through — getting validation from peers and leaders, family and friends along the way.
What I plan to share via this blog are the thoughts, learnings, tips, and anecdotes that I have accumulated over the years as a project leader and social planner. I would love to hear your comments and questions, and welcome a problem of yours that I can try to solve.
Why “Listful”? A handful of dictionaries I browsed define “listful” to mean attentive. And yes, project management requires attentiveness (among other things) in order to get things done, especially when you are simultaneously managing multiple projects both at work and at home.
But I also chose “listful” because… I make lists like it is my job. Sticky pads are everywhere. But more on that later.
Here are a few more tidbits about me!
- I was born in raised in the great state of New Jersey and grew up along the shore
- I live in New York City
- I have trouble deciding if I am a beach bum or a city gal, so I have decided to be both
- I love to travel, and have most recently been to Australia, Korea, Dubai, London, Paris, Puerto Rico, and California
- I did not know that I was going to be a project manager when I grew up
- I still have some more growing to do
- I do not know all of the answers, but I like to try things out and see what happens
- I have had great mentors, teachers, and role models that helped me get to where I am
- I love my family and friends and am so lucky to have each and every one of them
- I am quite certain that my parents’ dog, Lana, is the best dog ever
Thank you for taking this journey with me. Please submit any comments or questions here.